Tuesday, August 03, 2004

comics

Clumsy: A Novel by Jeffrey Brown
Usually I only read comics when I like the drawings as well as the story. Brown's drawings suck, but I loved it anyway. This graphic novel is all about the amazing joy that can come with a new relationship--and the awkwardness and misunderstanding. Half the time the characters are having sex. Chris Ware, James Kolchalka, and Ira Glass all claim on his book covers to love his work.


Peanut Butter and Jeremy's Best Book Ever by James Kolchalka
Yet another hilarious book by one of the most prolific alternative comic artist-storytellers. Here's an interview he did with The Onion. I tried to find somewhere other to put up a link where you can buy the book online, but even the publisher sells it through Amazon rather than direct. I got mine at Giant Robot, a store for overgrown children in the Haight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home